Sunday, October 10, 2010

Painting a desk...

So, rather than sit in front of the television watching college football yesterday, I decided to paint the desk that we were given.  It was not the easiest of projects, mostly due to the large size of the desk and no good location to paint it, but I got it done.  Here are pictures of the process...

I started with this desk...


And these drawers...


And I began the process of priming to paint...


Duncan played outside...

while I spray painted the desk with red primer...

and I spray painted the drawer faces.

Next, I started slapping on the black paint.

All while Duncan got out EVERY ONE of his toys to play with.

After I painted, I went back and sanded the edges of the desk.  This desk doesn't have good lines or detail, so I thought the sanding might help.  I also changed out the handles with some satin nickel ones I liked the look of.


Here is the desk after being dragged to the office...literally.

Can you tell I have some work to do on that back wall?  I have an idea...don't worry!

Another shot...

And another.  Notice the lovely pink sheet under the left side.  I was afraid that the paint wasn't 100% dry, so we left that underneath it just in case.


Random decor on the desk...



Other random decor...


I also did a very small project with our new filing cabinet.


I took some houndstooth scrapbooking paper that I had...


 and typed up some labels...


and fancied our filing cabinet up with houndstooth labels.


It's been a project-filled weekend (Andy is currently putting in a new door knob for our back door), but I'm glad to get things going in the office.  It's so nice to sit at an actual desk to type my posts!  Have a great end to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment