Thursday, January 21, 2010

Furniture Delivery!!!

Our new JUMBO chair (ignore the pillows)
Couch and coffee table (ignore the pillows again--they came with it)

New chairs!!!

We have new furniture! It is amazing what a few new pieces will do for a room. It is so cool to have things that we actually picked out. I can't wait to get some paint on the walls and some curtains on the windows (thanks in advance, Mom!). Our house is really starting to come together!

On a more stressful note...we almost lost Duncan today.

I had come home after work and immediately let Duncan out into the backyard like we always do. It wasn't raining when I first let him out, but it was thundering a bit. I was busy "ooohing" and "aaahing" over our new stuff and lost track of time. Duncan normally barks when he is ready to come in. Well, I noticed it was starting to rain so I went out to call reply. I called from the door for a bit (not wanting to get soaked), and he still wasn't coming. Naturally, I started to FREAK. I ran out in the rain--dress, boots, and all--to call him. By now it was pouring down rain, complete with thunder and lightning. My heart was racing. It suddenly hit me that he had probably finally noticed the hole in the fence (which leads to our neighbor's yard that has a fence that has fallen down). I immediately ran back through the house and out the front door to call for him. I think I completely lost my mind because I just kept frantically running back and forth from the front of the house to the back yelling "DUNCAN!" at the top of my lungs. I finally called Andy at answer. Then I called my mom (like she can do anything from Tullahoma) in a panic. I was crying so hard she couldn't even understand me. She told me to keep checking the other yards around us to make certain that he wasn't somewhere close.

Like a goob, I ran outside still on the phone with her (in the rain), and as I looked across to the yard just behind us...who do I see? Duncan. He's just standing there in the rain staring at me through the chain link fence. I'm sure he was thinking, "Is there something wrong?" I run to the fence and instantly think he must have gotten over there through a hole. I'm pacing the fence back and forth trying to find how he got there, but there isn't one. Oh yes, that joker had gone through the hole in the side fence, and obviously run all the way down the street and around to find himself in this yard. Therefore, I did what any good mother would do. I stuck my cell phone down in my boots and proceeded to climb a chain link a the rain. I actually managed to grab the little guy with one hand and fling him back over the fence without falling!!! I felt like Super Woman. I then got us both back inside...and I sat on the floor and cried like a baby. Haha--you would too!

Well, I'm off to write yet another paper. Happy early birthday to my mom! The big 50 this year...please don't hurt me, Mom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment